Craft Australia Defunded by the Australia Council
Craft Australia is challenging this decision and is also seeking your support.
What will you lose if Craft Australia is lost to the Australian craft and design sector.
The ramifications of not having a national peak organisation representing the craft and design sector are significant.
- There will be no visible national portal to represent the work of the many artists, designers, gallerists, curators, writers and researchers working in this field.
- Australia will be the only OECD country without a dedicated agency to advocate and promote the work of this area of practice.
- The many initiatives that Craft Australia has been advocating for that link craft and design with innovation and industry will be lost.
- Substantial digital content about this sector will be lost, creating a significant knowledge gap about our cultural traditions.
How you can help:
- Sign our petition
- Forward to petition to friends and interested parties
- Write to the Visual Arts Board, Chair Ted Snell email
- Write to the Minister for the Arts Simon Crean MP contact details
- Write to the Shadow Minister for the Arts George Brandis SC contact details
- Write to your local Minister